- Winners shall be determined by the highest two fish, combined aggregate weight.
- Competition shall take place on Friday, November 10th and Saturday, November 11th; one fish weighed per day to achieve the two fish aggregate. In the event the weather is deemed unfavorable for competition, on Friday, November 10th, Saturday, November 11th will become the single competition day, and teams will weigh two fish to achieve the two fish aggregate. In the event Saturday, November 11th is deemed unfavorable for competition, Sunday, November 12th will become the single competition day, and teams will weigh two fish to achieve the two fish aggregate. ** There will be no "... the weather is bad so its up to you to decide to fish and then weigh or not" deal happening here. We either all fish on the same field or not at all.**
- Boats will be checked-out from the end of the Anchorage Inn Marina docks from 6:30am-7am. Once boats are checked out, they will proceed outside Silver Lake and hold between Markers (to be announced). The "GO FISH" call will be given by VHF at roughly 7:10am and all boats checked-out are clear to head to their desired fishing grounds.
- Boats will be checked-in at Marker (to be announced) near the mouth of Silver Lake from 3pm-4pm. Any boat arriving prior to 3pm may go straight to the weigh dock. Any boat not past Marker (to be announced) by 4pm will be disqualified.
- A mandatory polygraph will be administered to Kingfish Cup Championship winners and must be passed to collect prize monies.
- The Kingfish Cup registered Captain OR Co-Captain MUST be on the boat to fish the Championship.
- No mutilated fish will be weighed. A mutilated fish is one in which the injury impacts the fish’s ability to fight. Hook and gaff punctures are acceptable.
- Official tournament time is determined by GPS time.
- No replacement boats may be entered without clearance from tournament headquarters. A replacement boat will not be authorized after tournament fishing hours have begun.
- All fish must be weighed in from the boat in which they were caught. No overland transport of fish to weigh station will be allowed.
- A boat may not make landfall during tournament competition hours. If a team wishes to drop off a crew member on land before weighing-in, they may do so providing crew members exit only and do not remove or add any items from the vessel and the vessel does not make landfall.
- Tournament will monitor VHF Channel 72. During weigh-in, all boats should monitor tournament channel to receive instructions
- Any fish weighed-in found to contain lead or any other foreign matter will be subject to disqualification as decided by the tournament committee.
- All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $250 cash. All protests shall be made no later than one hour after the last fish has been weighed on each weigh-in day. The $250 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee The $250 cash deposit will become property of the Kingfish Cup, if the protest is not upheld. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final.
- Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner. In the event of identical weight, but fish caught on different competition days, tie break will be determined by time not day- earliest fish weighed wins.
- Two (2) or more boats congregating during fishing hours may be disqualified. Safety consideration is the only reason this rule can be overridden.
- If a boat has to be towed for any reason, it will be disqualified from competition.
- All boats must meet USCG and State of North Carolina safety requirements in order to qualify for competition.
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel. The maximum number of lines out at any one time is seven(7).
- Violation of any of the tournament rules shall constitute grounds for automatic disqualification from the tournament. The Tournament Committee shall be the sole judge of any violations of the rules and their decision shall be final.
Kingfish Cup Photo Gallery
Click on the tournament below to view photo galleries from that tournament. All photos copyright © 2017 The Kingfish Cup Series
Qualifying Event Locations